About

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Soft Red Lips Look







I have recently purchased a Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple and my search for the perfect red shaded lipstick is over! I have always had trouble trying to pull of a bold red lipstick and I was never able to find that "perfect" shade for my skin tone.  Revlon's Candy Apple is a perfect shade of bright red with a slight warm undertone, which makes the lipstick a bit orange/red.  It applies sheer and you can build up the intensity of the shade, but my camera wasn't picking up the pigmentation of it.
I decided to do a mostly drugstore makeup look centered around this lipstick. 

Face: Garnier's BB Cream in Fair/Medium mixed with Estee Lauder's Nutritious Vita Mineral foundation in Intensity 2.0, Mabelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair, Physician's Formula Healthy Wear in Translucent Medium (to set the foundation) and Milani's Blush in Rose D'oro (gives you a gorgeous glow)

Eyes: Physician Formula's gel liner and Mabelline's Falsies Volume Express Mascara (not photographed)
I primed my lids with urban decay's primer potion and applied Buck eyeshadow from the Naked palette into my crease, but I completely forgot to include these products in the last picture. 

I love this 50's pin-up look using mostly affordable products. 

What is your favorite red lipstick?


No comments:

Post a Comment